Action Alert Archives
We have been asked to forward this information to our e-mail list:
The US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation is holding its 10th Annual Conference from Sept. 16 to 19, 2011 at the Thurgood Marshall Center, 1816 12th Street, NW, Washington, DC.
Speakers will include:
- Omar Barghouti, founding member of the Palestinian civil society call for BDS
- Dalit Baum, founder of the Israeli research group Who Profits From the Occupation
- Rami Khouri, whose writing has informed public opinion throughout Europe, the Americas, and the Arab World
- Cindy Corrie of the Rachel Corrie Foundation
- Phyllis Bennis, director of the New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies
- Simon Shaheen, internationally renowned violinist and oud player
- … and wonderful speakers from American Muslims for Palestine, Jewish Voice for Peace, Codepink, American Friends Service Committee, Students for Justice in Palestine, and more!
Please click here for more information about the speakers, agenda, and registration: http://www.endtheoccupation.org/section.php?id=377
Renowned oudist and violinist Simon Shaheen has very kindly agreed to perform a benefit concert to mark the occasion. Please find information about ticket prices on the flyer below.
Some guests can meet Simon Shaheen at a special pre-concert dinner (call for information about prices for this special event) at Andy Shallal's Eatonville restaurant.
A Friday night panel facilitated by Nadia Hijab is open to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis. Panelists Rami Khouri, Helena Cobban, and Omar Barghouti will discuss “What the Arab Spring and Palestinian UN Membership Mean for Our Work.”