Remembering Grace Halsell (1923-2000)
We've thought of Grace Halsell often in the 12 years since she died on Aug. 16, 2000. Her commitment to justice for the Palestinians and her ground-breaking reporting on Christian Zionism remain relevant today. We know you'll find the following collection of articles she wrote for the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, over the years informative and thought-provoking.
In Her Own Words and Others'
Israel and Christian Zionists
- What Christians Don't Know About Israel
- Some U.S. Christians Rank Cult of Israel Above Teachings of Christ
- Israeli Extremists and Christian Fundamentalists: The Alliance
- Israel's Religious Militants and Their Disdain for Muslims and Christians
- Israeli Religious Establishment Threatens Peace Agreement
- Jerusalem: A City of Three Faiths
- Plot to Destroy Islam's Haram al-Sharif in Jerusalem Is Fueled with Tax-Exempt U.S. Funds
- The Hidden Hand of the "Temple Mount Faithful"
- Eradicating Muslims and Christians From Jerusalem
The U.S. and Israel
Around the World
- By Military Aircraft to Dhahran, 37 Years Ago
- In Egypt the Real Struggle Is Between Mubarak and the Brotherhood
- Soviet Muslims Face Uncertain Future
- Albania and the Muslim World
- Women's Bodies a Battlefield in War for "Greater Serbia"
- As War Clouds Gather Over Kosovo and Serbia, Who Are the Adversaries and Their Allies?
As a special offer, copies of Forcing God’s Hand and the 30th anniversary edition of Halsell’s 1960s classic, Soul Sister: The Story of a White Woman Who Turned Herself Black and Went to Live and Work in Harlem and Mississippi—usually $9.50 each—are available from the AET Book Store for a combined total of $10.